We are referring to sailing boats for which the propulsion is mainly taken over by the sails.
It is evident that the best, cleanest and unlimited forms of energy remain the wind in the sails and the sun for captors.
The TAVA’E boat, light and very well canvased will thus be economical where mechanical propulsion is concerned. Also solar panels have been integrated into a large surface to supply the electrical energy needed on board.
POWER AND PRODUCING ELECTRICITY
However, the engine is useful if not indispensable in the following situations:
1. Security Requirements:
- Rapid escape from an unpleasant or dangerous mooring
- Navigation through a dangerous passage and in all delicate situations
2. Maintaining a course and or sailing at a comfortable speed when the wind has completely dropped
3. Electricity Production:
For our navigation instruments and our comfort (refrigerator, deep freezer, TV, electronics systems, desalinator, air conditioning, heating…) according to the desires of each and all.
To be remain logical with our programme:
PERFORMANCE / SPEED = SAIL AREA / DISPLACEMENT RATIO
The optimization of the weights and their centerings
SECURITY / COMFORT / AUTONOMY
OUR CHOICE IS THE DIESEL ELECTIC
(Developed by our internal research department)
- 1 single combustion engine (the generator)
- Propulsion 100% electric
- Hybrid propulsion
- High powered propulsion at constant torque, eases manoeuvring, reactivity
- Weight balancing
- Adequate electricity production in 220v, in 240v …
- Overall reduction of weight of boat
- Economy – so much less pollution (access to sensitive, protected areas)
- Great autonomy with smaller volume reservoirs and, here again, space and weight gain.